Account terms and conditions
Visitors may access some areas of the Register without setting up an account.
You will need to set up an account only if you intend to register an exemption for a property.
Setting up an account
By setting up an account you will be able to register exemptions and upload supporting evidence for one or more properties for which you are the landlord.
- keep your username and password safe, and not share them with anyone.
- not pass yourself off as someone else or create multiple, or false accounts.
In setting up your account you are agreeing that your contact details may be use in accordance with our Privacy statement (opens in a new window)
If you subsequently register an exemption for a property, your contact details will be shared with the relevant enforcement authority.
Your account and contact details will remain on the Register even if no exemptions are registered, and after all registered exemptions have expired.
Your use of the Exemptions Register is governed by English and Welsh law and the Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute which may arise.
You can update your personal details by accessing your account to make any necessary changes.
You may also view your current or expired exemptions via your landlord account and may cancel exemptions you have registered at any time.
However,you will not be able to amend information submitted in support of an exemption once it has been registered.
Registering an exemption
By registering an exemption, you acknowledge that:
- the evidence you submit is accurate and current at the time the exemption is registered.
- an exemption must be registered before it is relied on for letting purposes - exemptions may not be backdated.
- you will not be able to amend any information submitted in support of an exemption once it has been registered,or submit any additional information.
- information relating to an exemption will remain on the register even after the exemption expires.
Local enforcement authorities have legal powers to take action against breaches of the Regulations.